Friday, April 1, 2011

Funeral of a Kinder Spirit

 

"Enter my palms, and you slip through them just the same. I love you too deeply to protect you, or set you free. But in my gentle nature, I know it's not my say. Briefly, I am warm arms to rest within, before the winds carry you down..." ~ Chelsea Papps

This is my creation for my third year choreography class at York University. The dancers are Aria Evans, Taylor General, Niko Markakis, and Emily Downs. I never could have found better dancers than these. They were dedicated, so so talented, brave. And I don't think they know it, and I never got my head around it until recently, is that this piece is my heart and soul. it is my creativity, and everything that is me. It is so shocking to see yourself in others, and i saw myself in them. everything pure and honest in me, they laid out on the stage. It breaks my heart to see this end. I feel a little empty, a little drained. All i can wish is that my dancers enjoyed the experience, and that they know that through this, i have learned from them. They are four beautiful humans i will never forget. so..... 

this dance is dedicated to them. to freedom, little kinders and fledgling feathers. Remember, everything and nothing exists, this must be believed. Never stop searching, no conclusion is ever sufficient, and be sure to live. xox 

Music: Fletta by Bjork and Antony and the Johnsons

No comments:

Post a Comment